We are seeking development sites, and offering guidance, expertise and application management to help facilitate development and investment in our Community. Interested? Call or Email Today.
In June 2019, the Investment Ready Nakusp initiative was launched, bringing together a Steering Committee to vision, benchmark, and strategize around the key goals and outcomes of the program. With 18 months and high potential, the team is underway and working with the public, stakeholders, landowners, business owners, builders, developers and contractors to continue to enhance Nakusp.
· Create Investment Lands Inventory of available public, private, residential, commercial, and industrial land, including identifying willing participant landowners;
· Facilitate community consultation on types of development, locations, and opportunities for the purpose of gauging public support;
· Prioritize inventory of land available for investment, i.e. highest impact for lowest cost;
· Determine of service requirements and options for investment-land.
· Complete Community Investment Readiness Assessment;
· Review and suggest updates to internal village processes for the following to ensure the community is investment-ready, with a clear, timely, welcoming pathway for potential investors:
· Bylaws, zoning, Official Community Plan (OCP)-development, Development Cost Charges (DCC), and development-process from inquiry to permitting;
· Develop performance-tracking for standards developed for internal practices;
· Ensure subject properties and positioned for investment and that public consultation indicates appropriate support and that zoning and DCCs, etc., are commensurate with property-development purpose.
· Between three and five key properties with site plans and servicing strategies, resulting in investment and development of two or more properties within five years;
· At least one new multi-home residential or commercial building constructed each year over five years;
· At least ten new skilled worker positions each year over five years;
· Approved text-amendments to applicable zoning, bylaws, and the OCP;
· Average age in Nakusp to decrease by three years.